Week nights are generally busy for my family and me. So I needed a recipe that was quick, easy, and something they would like.
I wasn’t sure what I would make, but I took some ground beef out the freezer, not having any idea what I would make.
So this is completely on the fly, but it turned out good.
You already have the ingredients at home, I pretty sure.
Easy Ground Beef Quesadillas
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 6 Tortilla Shells
- Brown your meat in a large skillet on medium heat
- Once it's brown, strain the extra grease out
- Reduce heat to low, and return the beef to the skillet
- Add in your Picante sauce
- Just cook for about 1 extra minute, to make sure the Picante Sauce is well incorporated
- Put meat in a bowl to the side
- Clean out your skillet
- Put in about a tablespoon of butter in the skillet with the stove on medium heat again
- Put one tortilla shell in the pan
- Sprinkle some cheese on half of the tortilla shell
- Add a spoonful of the ground beef mixture
- Then sprinkle some more cheese on top
- Fold the other half of the tortilla shell over to form a moon shape. Press the edges down a little to keep the ingredients from falling out when you flip the quesadilla.
- Flip the quesadilla over to cook on the other side until golden brown on both sides
- Use a knife (or pizza cutter is easier) to cut the quesadilla into 3 triangles
- Serve with your favorite queso, salsa, both, or neither
I have a few confessions. #1 I always forget to take pictures when cooking. I think I get so excited about what’s about to get in my mouth. That’s why the pictures aren’t always the greatest.
I try my hardest for you guys to take a picture of every step so you can picture it, but it just doesn’t happen.
Confession #2 I hate tomatoes, so the look of the chunk of tomato from the Picante Sauce does NOT appeal to me.
I’m always looking for quick and easy meals for our family.
But honestly these things are so easy, anyone can make these.