I’m going to be totally honest, I dislike Ramen noodles. I tell people all the time, I would rather starve than eat Ramen. But one night I was struggling financially and creatively for a meal. I knew I had to think of something.
My daughter loves the chicken flavored Ramen, so we always have those on hand. And that’s when I birthed the creation of ground beef Ramen noodles. It was quick, pretty healthy, and inexpensive.
You should save this recipe for those busy weeknights, or the days where money may be tight. You’ll most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
It’s so simple and quick. You’ll have it in your regular rotation as well.
Easy Healthy Beef Ramen
- Wok or Pan
- Large pot to boil noodles
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 3 packages Ramen Noodles You won't use the mix/sauce in the package
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bushel Fresh Broccoli chopped
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a large pot boil the Ramen noodles for about 2 minutes
- While boiling the noodles, in a wok or a large skillet, heat vegetable oil, and garlic clove to skillet until it's soft. Then add chopped broccoli. Only cook those for about 2-4 minutes.
- While broccoli and noodles are cooking, prepare sauce in a bowl and set to the side.
- Remove noodles from the heat and rinse noodles.
- Once broccoli has cooked for about 2-4 minutes or until tender, remove from heat.
- Now brown ground beef in the same wok/skillet.
- Once beef is cooked through, add broccoli, and noodles back to the skillet.
- Also add in sauce and mix well. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Serves about 6
See, told you it was easy and inexpensive. You could also add red bell peppers or all kinds of stir fry vegetables if you wish. I’ve added stir fry vegetables before, and they work great.
This meal is so simple and quick. And since we discard the Ramen sauce packets, it is a much healthier version of Ramen.