Being a single mother is tough. You’re constantly juggling work, childcare, volunteering, your relationship with Christ, and household chores, and it can be hard to find time for yourself. But it’s important to make time for yourself, even if it’s just for a few minutes each day. Here are a few tips for finding time for yourself as a single mother:
Finding time for yourself as a single mother with these four tips
- Schedule it in. Just like you would schedule any other important appointment, schedule time for yourself in your day. This could be a few minutes each morning to read or meditate on the Word an hour after the kids go to bed to relax, or a whole day once a week to do something you enjoy. If you are to be successful at scheduling time for yourself, it’s important to get a handle on your time management. If you struggle with time management, take a look at this. It will help with finding time for yourself as a single mother.
- Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from friends, family, or a babysitter. If you can, hire someone to watch your kids for a few hours so you can have some time to yourself. But if money is a strain, have your circle built up, and get help from someone you trust. Building your circle is crucial to helping you find time for yourself as a single mother.
- Be creative. If you can’t find a whole hour to yourself, find ways to sneak in some alone time throughout the day. Take a few minutes to read in the bathroom while your kids are playing, or go for a walk around the block while they’re napping.
- Don’t feel guilty. It’s important to take care of yourself, both physically and mentally. If you don’t take some time for yourself, you’ll eventually become burned out. So don’t feel guilty about taking some time for you. If you’re struggling with mom guilt, perhaps this video will help.
Here are a few more specific ideas on finding time for yourself
- Read a book or magazine.
- Take a bath or shower.
- Listen to music.
- Go for a walk or hike.
- Get a massage.
- Meet up with friends.
- Do something creative, like painting, writing, or playing an instrument.
- Watch a movie or TV show.
- Just relax and do nothing.
Taking time for yourself is important for your physical and mental health. It will help you to be a better mother, partner, and friend. So make time for yourself, and don’t feel guilty about it. You deserve it!